Thursday, July 19, 2007

Twighlight Summer Concert....

...has such a nice ring to it, no? How about a nice harp ensemble? A blanket, a loaf of bread and some cheese and some of the world's most amazing tropical botanicals. The cannonball tree is there. WHAT THE! Seriously one of the most stunning things I've ever seen in real life... but I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm really in to trees. So majestic they are! And lovely...

So anyway! A free concert in a lovely setting. Why not? Tonight's show is pipes and drums. DRUMS! Woo. I remember trying out for a pipe and drum thing. It was so cool, man. You get to totally twirl your sticks all crazy before you hit the drum each time. It was definitely a cool technique but I'm glad the sticks were attached to my wrists with a leather strap, haha.

So anyway, Thursday activity..... Foster's Botanical Garden! Right in the heart of near-downtown. A fabulous setting... with the concert at 5:30pm. Nice pau hana. Dare to be different!
...and you can go see this plant. Part of the Pea Family. *snicker*


ALSO LATER: Another budget-friendly option is Swampa ZZ at Indigo. It's free cover and some amazingly refreshing funk music.