Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The affect humans can have...

...on others is unfortunately not recognized sometimes until they pass on. Sometimes it takes something tragic to snap us out of our every day blah blah yada yada to be more aware of this. I just found out that someone close to me from my school days died, shortly after I saw them for the last time. I'm not sure how to mourn since he's been gone for 7 years. It's hard. But Shawn-- I'll never forget you.
Speaking of people affecting others, Rell Sunn was also an amazing individual. She ruled the westside in terms of surfing but also continued to reach out and touch others with her tireless attempts to preserve the beauty and safety of Hawaii.

Tonight is the last night to see Lisa Denker's documentary about the Queen of Makaha's life.
The Heart of the Sea: Kapolioka'ehukai.
1:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. tonight
Honolulu Academy of Arts